Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome!

Welcome to 52 Weeks of Health, Wellness & Fitness! Every year, millions of people around the world set resolutions for what they want to accomplish in the upcoming year. Sadly, according to Forbes, only 8% of those people actually accomplish that goal. Weight loss and "being healthy" tend to be some of the big ones--and few people even make it past the first month on that one.

I've been there. Too many times. And, I'm a physical therapist. Yep, you heard that right. My job is literally to tell people how to be more healthy every single day. Unfortunately, I fail to live that out in my normal day-to-day life. What kind of example is that to my patients? Thus, the birthplace of 52 Weeks of Health, Wellness & Fitness. I'll be honest--I don't enjoy exercising. I like eating french fries, sloppy saucy wings, ice cream and especially chocolate (the darker the better in my book). So, in 2013, I plan to take 52 different health & wellness ideas, and implement them 1 week at a time. I plan to experiment with different types of exercises, recipes, and other activities to create a healthier and better Jessica. My goal is that by the end of 2013, I will learn what works best for me in terms to creating and maintaining the most healthy body I can, and learning to nurture my body, soul and mind in the way I live my life. I hope you will join me on this journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment